Nothing is better than cooling off a summer day with a popsicle. May these berry-delicious pops give you the inspiration to create your own healthy cool treat!
BY: JOANNA LI, RD
These protein-packed berry greek yogurt popsicles will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also keep you cool on a hot summer day. They are the perfect healthy treat and also super easy to make!
These popsicles take less than 10 minutes to make, plus freezing time. Give them a try!
Makes 6 popsicles
- 2 cups of any berries (we used whole blueberries!)
- Honey to taste
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Combine the berries and a drizzle of honey in a blender and puree until the mixture is smooth, leaving small chunks of fruit behind.
- Whisk together yogurt and milk and a drizzle of honey for some sweetness. Look to make sure that the consistency of the yogurt is thin enough to be pourable.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of yogurt at the bottom of each popsicle mold. Then add a scoop of the berry mixture and continue alternating until the molds are filled. Insert popsicle sticks into each mold and place them in the freezer. Freeze until solid and enjoy on a hot summer day!
TIP: Run popsicle molds under hot running water for a few seconds to easily remove them from their molds!
HEADER IMAGE: BERNARD GABRIEL
Joanna Li, RD is a Registered Dietitian based in NYC, and is currently a nutrition coordinator helping to improve the health status of low-income pregnant women and their children. For more on Joanna’s love of sharing healthy and delicious meals, visit her at Just My Cup of Jo.