Being your healthiest you is within your control. Behavioral health coach and nutrition Expert Rachel Harvest reminds us that we need to be real with ourselves if we want to start today.
“It’s all up to you.”
That can be one vulnerable pill to swallow, but it’s the truth.
I like to say that how you do one thing is how you do everything, and everyone is living their version of the same lessons over and over again. We all have to accept some level of responsibility in different areas of our lives. The area that I’m here to encourage you to accept and work at is your health.
You can listen, learn, read, and talk about wellness, taking care of yourself, preventative medicine, and fitness all that you want.
At the end of the day, you have to apply what you know about taking care of yourself and actually do it.
START PRACTICING FOR YOUR HEALTH…
1. Sit down and look at how little or how much time and attention you give to how you feed yourself, how much sleep and exercise you get, how often you visit a doctor, healer, specialist or counselor for those things that aren’t feeling great.
2. Acknowledge the things you put aside. Maybe it’s running out the door and grabbing a croissant at the bodega instead of having a nice home cooked, planned and healthy breakfast (come on, own up, how often is there a vegetable on your morning plate? Even more realistically, how often is there a plate vs food in hand on the go).
3. Be honest with yourself about what you need to change in order to take better care of yourself.
4. Promise yourself you will.
5. Schedule an easy step to take to start.
6. Take that step.
7. Get support if you have trouble keeping your promises.
Adapted from the original article.
HEADER IMAGE: JOHN CANELIS
Rachel Harvest, MS, RD, CDN is a NYC-based Registered Dietitian, behavioral health nutritionist, and wellness coach. With her philosophy centered around the love we need to give ourselves before finding our health and happiness, Rachel is on a mission to help you dig deep within to create the life you want for yourself. To work on you with somebody who loves you no matter what, visit Rachel at The Harvest Method.